Shower enclosures are trendy and can increase the attractiveness of your home to buyers. These are not only highly practical but also look great. It is also a great way to transform the look and feel of your bathroom without a full makeover. Besides the standard quadrant, offset quadrant, square and rectangular, modern shower enclosures are also available in walk-in shower and wet room types. Perhaps, due to many reasons, people prefer these shapes over others. Are you too planning for a new shower enclosure? Perhaps, a walk-in shower enclosure may be one of your choices.
So, what actually, these walk-in shower enclosures are and what do I need to look for when planning for it? We are going to discuss all these things in this blog.
What is Walk in Shower Enclosure?
When you think about a shower enclosure, the first thing that comes to your mind is an enclosed cubicle. But unlike most of these enclosure glass enclosures, the walk-in shower is open, and airy without any doors. That means you can just walk into the shower area and wash off yourself. These cubicles offer various advantages due to their shape.
Components of a Walk in Shower Enclosure.
The walk-in shower enclosure comprises a shower tray and glass screen panels as a major component. Such cubicles are built into the shower trays and depending on the plumbing the glass panels are fitted around them. The shower tray is the base that according to the size of your cubicle helps to contain the water within the area where waste is fitted within it. In another scenario, you may be interested in installing the walk-in cubicle without a tray raising from the floor requiring you to have a drain with the floor.
Why do People Prefer Walk in Shower Enclosures?
There are many reasons to prefer a walk-in shower enclosure.
- A Good Choice for Small Bathrooms. When it comes to small bathrooms, you don’t have too many choices available. An open cubicle without a shower door may be a better choice for such space as it can create an illusion of more space due to its openness. Other shapes that are bulky may not be a suitable option for such space.
- Open and Brighter Space. It is the most flexible option among all types of cubicles. You may or may not install a tray, fit it anywhere, and perhaps can enjoy a more airy and brighter showering space. As there is no door, the minimum glass wall makes it possible to see through the wall, making it great if you like open-ended feel with natural light getting in.
- Suitable for the Elderly. Another good reason for installing a walk-in shower is that there are no steps to take as it is at the same level as the floor. And there is no door to open for entering. It makes it a completely hassle-free experience for the elderly and children. Therefore, it is the best option recommended for the elderly.
- Easy Maintenance. A walk-in enclosure is a minimalist cubicle, that only comprises of shower screen and shower tray. It has fewer things or glass areas in comparison to the standard glass cabins. That means you don’t have to clean that much surface if you install the standard shape cubicles. You can make cleaning and maintenance further easy by choosing the glass that is quoted with an easy clean layer that prevents grime and soap scums to deposited on the surface.
- Luxurious Looks. If you are looking for a contemporary bathroom, then a walk in enclosure may be the best choice in terms of creating modern looks. The open feel with no door creates an amazing look wherever you fit them. Therefore, it is the best option to create a high-end feel without spending too much money on it.
Things to Remember While Planning for a Walk in Shower Enclosure
There are a few things that you should keep in mind while planning for a walk-in cubicle.
- The first thing that you will need to decide is a shower tray. However, it might be confusing to choose the size and type of tray. You should make sure that your tray is in accordance with the size of the space. In addition to that, the side of waste is an important consideration for it.
- You may find dedicated shower trays designed specifically for such enclosures in the market. These may have different designs and shapes so you can choose as per your requirements. With regards to size, we recommend that you should choose a tray with at least 40mm thickness to make it look and feel good.
- The second most important thing is glass panels which prevent water splashes from getting outside the area. You will need to decide how many such glass screens you will need. For example, if you are planning to install it in the recessed area then only a single glass screen will be required. You will find various option that is available to make it look stylish.
- If you are going to install it in a family bathroom or where you have children, then it will be a better idea to use framed or edged with chrome panels for their safety. Although, the standard glass panels are safe without any risks.
Read More: A Wooden TV Unit Will Complete Your Interior Designs
A walk-in shower is an excellent choice for someone looking for a minimalist and modern style cubicle. It creates a feeling of openness that makes it a perfect choice for small bathrooms. Moreover, if you have an elderly or someone with limited mobility then you should choose this type of enclosure. It consists of a shower tray and one or two glass screens as the main part. If you are planning to install it, then you will need to take care of the size and type of these main elements before placing an order for the one. Proper planning, and knowing what type of tray and glass screen you are looking for will help to remain within a budget and complete it without a hassle.
Read More: How to Make an Outstanding Flower Presentation on a Budget
Leave a Reply