Candles symbolize joy and happiness. They are the best way to lighten up your home. A wide variety of aromatic candles are available in the market. You can choose anyone according to the color and fragrance you want. The candle box suppliers enclose them in attractive packaging to make them more enticing for the customers. Well-designed candle boxes are used for this purpose.
They retain the quality of candles and protect them from any damage, and your retail packaging design matters the most to sell your brand over the competitors. It should be creative enough to grasp customers’ attention at sight. However, it would be interesting to know that candle boxes are extremely easy to make at home. Now you do not need to rush again and again to the market to purchase them. Just follow some simple tips and enjoy a lovely collection of aromatic candles.
Tips for Making Simple Candles Boxes
This DIY project will be a great choice to decorate your home beautifully. You can make them in various variations, colors, and fragrances of your choice. Then, enclose them in candle gift boxes and present them to your loved ones.
- Purchase high-quality ingredients and equipment to get the best results. Some of the necessary things to purchase are soy wax, candle wicks, fragrance oil, a heat-proof container, a boiler, a thermometer, and a pair of chopsticks or pencils. Soy wax and fragrance oil should be appropriately packed for future use. Place them again in customized cardboard boxes once you have made the candles.
- Measure the wax correctly to avoid wastage. Look at the size of the container and measure how much wax you need to fill it. Double its quantity. It’s the amount of wax you need to melt.
- If you want a lovely floral smell, add fragrance oils immediately after melting the wax. Read the instructions on printed cardboard boxes containing wax for how much to add.
- Attach the wick carefully. It should be fixed at the bottom of the container carefully before pouring the wax. Please wait for 5 minutes to harden it. You may also apply super glue.
- Attain an accurate temperature. Before pouring the melted wax into the container, wait for a few minutes. When it reaches 140 degrees on the thermometer, it’s the right time to shower.
- Secure your wick before it sways into the melted wax. Place two chopsticks or pencils across the top of the candle container. Sandwich the wick in between to let it stay in the center as the wax hardens.
- Add more wax to even out the top. If the candle hardens with cracks, holes, or uneven surfaces, reheat some remaining wax and spread it at the top.
Tips for Creative Variations
- To make floral candles, adhere some of the dried petals to the side of the container using a paintbrush. Do this step before pouring the wax into the jar.
- For getting colorful candles, add chopped-up crayons into your melting wax. Select the crayons of the same color family to get pretty hues.
- To make a well-decorated candle, you may find a small, inexpensive treasure, like any old jewel, ring, shell, or multi-colored beads. If you want a clear look at these embellishments, use gel wax.
Tips to Make Candle Packaging at Home
Candles make a great gift. Pack your creations in attractive gift boxes and present them to your loved ones. You may also go for ready-made printed candle boxes available in the market, but making your packaging at home is relatively easy. Just order cardboard or use the material from any old cardboard boxes available with you. You can work on unlimited designs depending on your creativity. For example, if you have brown Kraft paper, you can create eco-friendly boxes for your candle collection. Download the template of a folding box with flaps or box with handles template. Print it on the required sheet of people. Make necessary folds and use a strong adhesive to fix the ends. Place your product in these natural boxes and decorate the candle packaging in the way you want.
If you wish to place a couple of candles together in the same box, making a sleeve packaging is an exciting option. It displays your creations attractively and professionally. If you have created little round candles, use small round cardboard boxes with lids to place them securely. A gable box wholesale is another effective packaging solution, especially for gift giving. Design the box with custom die-cut packaging or a transparent window to let the receiver view the beautiful candles from the outside. All these solutions are extremely easy to make. They take your candle display a step further.