More and more city dwellers are drawn to the countryside at the weekend.how much does a hoverboard cost and this increasingly with bicycles. Although there is no legal helmet requirement in Germany, it is for your own protection to be on the road with a bicycle helmet. Above all, however, children should never get on the bike without the important headgear.
But there is no one suitable helmet for all children. In addition to the size, shape, and material, but also age and gender of your child play a role. Take a children’s bicycle helmet test now!
Buying advice: How to find the right product in our children’s bicycle helmet comparison 2022
The most important in a nutshell
- With a bicycle helmet for children, it is guaranteed that the head of your son or daughter has the best possible protection in the event of a fall. The impact energy is reduced by wearing a helmet on children.
- Whether children’s bicycle helmets for boys or children’s bicycle helmets for girls: The be-all and end-all is the individually matching children’s bicycle helmet size. If the helmet wobbles or sits too tightly, it does not protect well.
- If the helmet is for a child from the age of four, the closure and the tightening straps should be easy to use. Because then your child is old enough to put the helmet on and off himself.
Children enjoy cycling, and they shouldn’t be taken away from them. But safety comes first. With a KED children’s bicycle helmet or a UVEX children’s bicycle helmet, but also with children’s bicycle helmets of many other brands that specialize in their production, both are possible: Many models offer a perfect fit, a comfortable fit, and high-quality workmanship and cool and child-friendly designs.
In addition to the right children’s bicycle helmet sizes, which should adapt to the head circumference, many other aspects must be considered when buying an Abus children’s bicycle helmet or an Alpina children’s bicycle helmet.
So that you leave your children on their bicycles with a good feeling and the little ones like to wear their helmets, we have compiled all the decisive criteria for you in our children’s bicycle helmet comparison, so that you buy the right children’s bicycle helmet in the end.
Toddler bicycle helmet: already for babies in the child seat
A question that concerns young parents in particular again and again is from what age it is right to use a children’s bicycle helmet. Basically, a children’s bicycle helmet from 1 year is recommended. Before that, the neck muscles are still too unstable and can be damaged by weight on the head. In exceptional cases, your baby can sit in the child seat with a helmet on your bike from the age of nine months. Before that, you prefer to transport it in a bicycle trailer.
Also important for impellers
Nevertheless, there is already the possibility for the sensitive heads of the very youngest to buy a toddler helmet. They are particularly comfortable and come in one size fits all. hoverboard buying guide as soon as your baby can ride the balance bike or scooter at about two years of age, you should switch to a bicycle helmet for the toddler.
A children’s bicycle helmet test shows that there are separate models for almost every age group – including a children’s bicycle helmet xs. Below we have presented for you the advantages and disadvantages of a baby bicycle helmet:
- Perfect protection
- For a child seat and bicycle trailer
- High wearing comfort
- Adapted to the soft muscles of the body
- Fitting required: Each manufacturer has different sizes
- Expensive, since only for a few months wearing time