Customer service in the current times is much more than traditional phone calls. Twitter currently has 396.5 million users, according to DataReportal.
41% of Twitter users use it to contact customer service and 25% to make a query for a product.
With tons of queries flowing in for your business, Twitter API is what comes in handy. This creates a need for a chatbot. A chatbot makes messaging easier, faster and automated without any human.
What is Twitter API?
Twitter API is a software interface. It allows you to build a personalized customer experience. It can be used to access and analyze Twitter data. It can also be used to build a conversation on Twitter.
The Twitter API allows extensive access to public conversations. This can be used to create a great chat experience for the customers and leads.
The Twitter API has upgraded itself for additional levels of access. For educational to developing services, Twitter API is just a call away.
How to Access the Twitter API?
You need to follow some steps to get access to the Twitter API. There are as follows:
Step 1. Create a Twitter account.
This step is quite an obvious one. You can sign up if you do not have an account. If you do, you are good to go!
Step 2. Open the Twitter Developer Portal.
- Once you have opened the developer portal, you just need to sign up.
- Enter your details. Agree to Developer agreement and policy.
- You will be welcomed to the Developer Portal.
- You will now need to enter your app name to access your Twitter API key.
- You will then get access to your API Key, API Secret key and the Bearer Token.
- You can then tap on the ‘skip to access’ button.
- You will then have to go to the Keys and Tokens.
- You can then generate your Access Token and Secret. You can then save them somewhere.
- You will then need to go to the settings tab and then give the read and write permissions under the edit app permissions menu. Hit save.
Voila! You are good to go.
By default, you can only access the Essential pack. But you can upgrade to the Elevated pack to access more functions of the Twitter API.
Step 3. Apply for the Elevated account (optional yet recommended).
- Check the basic info. Enter everything you have to in there. You can then hit ‘next’.
- You will then reach the intended use tab. You will then have to enter in the box how will you use the Twitter API or Twitter Data. Here, you can type in the reason why you want to access the data. You will also need to type in how you will use that Twitter data.
- You can then hit ‘next’ when you are done.
- Then, you will need to review all the information that you’ve entered. Hit ‘next’.
- You then just have to agree with the Developer Agreement and Policy.
You are all set now. All you have to do is wait, to get your application accepted.
What’s Next – Do You Need to Code to Access the Twitter API?
You do not a developer to connect your Twitter API with a conversational tool. Nor do you need to write long lines of code.
In order to make your chatbot work, you need to integrate your chatbot with the Twitter API. You will also need a server to take up the requests.
Then, you are all set to start your quick customer service on Twitter. If we talk about easy Twitter API integration tools, there are many in the market.
With such integration tools, you can take your customer services, marketing and sales to the next level.
You do not need to write any sort of code. Just integrate your Twitter API with the tool and you are good to go!
According to Hubspot’s Q3 2020 Report, 187 million people use Twitter daily. What is stopping you from using Twitter API?
Having a good understanding of your consumers is great for your business. With Twitter API, you can analyze as much data as you can. You can extract, view, sort and filter any data on Twitter with Twitter API.
The best part is that you can integrate Twitter API with wonderful tools for outstanding results. So, what are you waiting for? Start today!
Also Read – Startup Valuation
Leave a Reply